Monday 23 May 2016

Taking Tea at The Georgian, Harrods

harrods afternoon tea - trifle in the georgian
A few months ago, following on from my last afternoon tea experience at The Ritz, I found myself in the beautiful surroundings of The Georgian Tearoom at Harrods just three weeks after to celebrate my sister's 21st. It was a complete surprise to Amber (baby sis), that Mumma Bee had booked the tea as a girls treat.

birthday afternoon tea at the georgian, harrods
As the most experienced afternoon tea goer of the group, I chose the venue as it had come highly recommended by friends. The room itself was beautiful; set aside from the rest of Harrods, you wouldn't know that you were in a department store at all.

tea at the georgian, harrods
The tables were also far apart, which seems silly to say, but at The Ritz we were very cramped in and I much valued the room to breathe at Harrods. I opted for the dairy free afternoon tea, with a glass of Harrods champagne to celebrate the occasion.
afternoon tea at the georgian, harrods
The champagne was brilliant and I opted for the Darjeeling tea to go with my tea (and promptly purchased some afterwards in the food shop). Going in January meant that we still got to sample some of the amazing Christmas treats on offer.

strawberries and pimms at the georgian, harrods
I had lots of delicious sandwiches including vegetarian options, ham and mustard and salmon, opting for extras too (greedy but tasty!) this was followed by yummy warm scones with jam and then a series of picture perfect cakes (just check out the snaps if you don't believe me!) I also had strawberries in pimms as an alternative to the traditional Harrods trifle, which was to die for!

birthday afternoon tea at the georgian, harrods
Amber was also spoiled with a special birthday delivery to the table, a cake which she forced down herself. Beautiful and - she assured me -  delicious!

I'd definitely return to Harrods for afternoon tea, the vibe was good and it was great value for money. In terms of being stand out, the champagne and birthday service was the best part of the experience.

Still on the lookout for more afternoon tea recommendations, drop us a tweet or a comment below!

Lauren

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall