Thursday 10 July 2014

Beauty | Summer, the City and Looking After Your Skin!


After getting a new job in Camden (HURRAH!) I've stepped up my central London visits to a 5-6 times a week deal. I'm absolutely loving it, but my skin is, erm, not - in fact its started looking pretty stressed out, so I got down to my beauty box to find a solution...

Exfoliate
Yes baby, scrub that skin. You don't need to go hard and hurt yourself, but step this up - I'm exfoliating 2-3 times a week with Fashion Fair Vantex True Tone Exfoliating Cleanser, £21.50 which yes is super pricey but I got it in a Debenhams goody bag so I wouldn't spend that usually, even though I do like the product. For a really long time, I used St. Ives Apricot Scrub and I still swear by it for a purse friendly alternative, £2.66.

Cleanser
I know you scrubbed, but make sure you clean up your act too. We went homex5 with some great Nip+Fab and Rodial goodies from the Nip+Fab event a few weeks ago, and I like the Rodial Stem Cell Superfood Cleanser, £32, although I've yet to trial it long enough to say it's worth the price. If you have oily skin that goes into overdrive in Summer, I really recommend using distilled witch hazel, £2.49 to cleanse - it keeps breakouts at bay. If you don't, it's Simple all the way for fuss free cleansing, £2.99.


Moisturise
This is really key - skin can look dull and lacklustre if affected by pollution and varying temperature (scorching lunch hour in the park, drying office air con - right?) so don't skip this step, even if you've got an oily face - that's your skin just overcompensating for lack of moisture through sweating or the air con drying it out (ick) and warm weather. I'm using Steam Cream, £13 - another goody bag gem which I'm a total convert to (it's worth the hype, promise). If you're wanting a cheaper alternative, I love the super rich Simple Kind to Skin Protecting Moisturiser, £3.99 which has SPF 30 - perfect for the summer months!

What are you using for your skin to keep it in tip-top shape? I'd love to know - tweet us at @PrettyPoshOMG!
Felicity

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall