Wednesday 13 August 2014

V Festival Countdown | 3 Days to Go! Lauren's Festival Nails

As this is my first festival, I am feeling the pressure to look my best, ensuring that everything is groomed to perfection and fearing forgetting anything! Luckily I already have a natural tan (thanks Portugal), and my hair is finally a reasonable length to be sporting some seriously sassy long hair styles (more on that later...). Nails however are a whole other thing. I'd love to do something like this...
Those who read PPOMG regularly will know that I battle with ripped, dry and eczema riddled cuticles, and a recent experience with sets of gel nails had left me with ridges galore across my nails. To this end, I will be keeping my nails simple yet effective for V, with a cute accent nail being my founding finger feature. I also feel like the accent nail will match my style and personality perfectly! I've swatched a couple of options below from OPI and GOSH, I will be doing the darker one for the festival this weekend to match my chosen outfits!

OPI A Roll in the Hague, £6.99 Can't Find My Czechbook, £6.69



I adore the staying power (yet suprisingly easy removal) of OPI nail varnishes. These polishes will leave me reassured of no nasty chips over the weekend. Can't Find My Czechbook is one of my favourite shades ever... It is a stunning colour pop blue which is guaranteed to draw attention to your mani!

For something a little edgier and more chic, metallics are super cool. These GOSH Stardust Nail Polishes are amazingly pearlised and dry really quick. I used two contrasting colours from the same collection which brings the pearly look together, whilst still achieving the pop of the white accent nail. 



GOSH Stardust Nail Polish, £3.99 and Gosh Night Sky Nail Polish, £3.99

I would love to see your festival nails! If anyone has tips for simple but effective nail art, do drop a comment below!
Lauren

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall