Wednesday 13 April 2016

Wedding Wednesday | Ladies and Gentlemen, We Have a Venue

I will be the first to admit that I have been 100% atrocious at following Wedding Wednesday because I've already booked my venue (which has food and drink all tied up in that, so great), the wedding car, almost booked my photographer, almost finished my invites and have loose ideas on a colour scheme! So much more progress than my last update, but I'll space it out now so I don't prattle on about rubbish further down the line...

Hunsbury Hill Centre Barn Wedding Venue
So onto the venue! I can't remember if I mentioned before, but I'll be married in my village church so I was only looking for a reception venue. I had pretty high expectations (you can read about the first few viewings I had) - I wanted a DIY job; a blank canvas space I could DIY to the hilt, bring in my own caterers and just go Pinterest on that thing, but it just didn't seem to work like that.

Hunsbury Hill Centre Barn Venue
Until I went to Hunsbury Hill Centre (soon to be renamed 'barns', which I'm not complaining about as it sounds more classy aayyyy). It was a bit higgledy-piggledy, but it was the barn venue I'd dreamed of. High beams, atmosphere, a bit rustic - it was almost perfect. Well, I had to compromise somewhere, so in order to get my beautiful blank canvas I sacrificed the caterers and got an all in deal. Food, drink, hire - but I could style however I liked. Sold.

Hunsbury Hill Centre Barn WeddingHunsbury Hill Centre Barn Wedding InsideHunsbury Hill Centre Barn Wedding Inside
So we have a date set (more on that later) and we need to go for a tasting later in the year (best bit I reckon), but I'm absolutely thrilled to get things going! Wedding planning is already proving a little bit stressful, but I'm determined to enjoy every single bloody minute of it.

Next week - a reeeeally important one... the photographer!
Felicity

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall