Sunday 6 September 2015

The Weekend Edit | AW15 Picks

With the leaves just beginning to change, a little chill in the air and a whisper of autumn, we thought it just about time we rallied up a wishlist. This is a peek into the stuff we're coveting for the beginning of autumn...
Felicity loves: Blouse | Glasses | Bag | iPhone Case | Shoes

B L O U S E
I would like to invest in a pussybow blouse this autumn, even if the SS16 catwalks blow out the 70s trend for good. I figure it’ll be a statement piece for the season, and it’s great with jeans, skirts and under a dress. The AW15 high street will be awash with amazing pieces, but this La Redoute one caught my eye - the print is sensational.

G L A S S E S

Without a doubt, my muse for this season is the new Gucci girl. All the huge fashion editorials are talking about it, but I reckon the Brit girl is best poised to carry it out - it’s the quirkiness that does it! These ASOS glasses are a nice nod to the style.

B A G
This NEXT bag looks so premium with its thick whipstitch detailing, and I’d easily think it was high end rather than high street. I’d wear clean with neutral layers or spruced up with a vintage silk scarf later in the year for a bit of colour.

I P H O N E   C A S E
I’m beginning to get a bit obsessed with new iPhone cases (my current is a squishy pink glitter style with the little mermaid, no regrets there) but this one is smart without being boring. I love the starry night style - it reminds me of parties, so it’s perfect as the nights draw in!

S H O E S
Finally, the shoes. Boy oh boy am I having a dilemma with shoes. I’ve told myself I can only have a couple of pairs for the new season, as it’ll eventually be so cold I’ll have to wear boots anyway, but there are so many I want! Three from ASOS (leopard block heel boots, pom pom heels and snakeskin boots) as well as these amazing check slippers from Boden and Orla Kiely for Clarks AW15 (gold glitter is my fave). Phew! When it came down to it, we’re talking maximum wearability (plus they’re leather for a really great price), then these NEXT loafers win. I love the mix of materials and flat Dior-esque bows.


Lauren loves: Coat | Jumper | Skirt | Boots | Bag

C O A T
Suede is EVERYWHERE and I can't get enough of it. As well as hoping to ditch my uniform black, I also hope to get a few new textures into my wardrobe this AW and so this jacket hits the spot for a little change and a shake up. I'll be teaming it with jeans and a casual blouse for effortlessly cool weekend wear.



K N I T
Autumn is my favourite season by far, the fact that there are days when a snuggly jumper is all you need for outwear means that I'm all for investing in pieces to show off. This French Connection turtleneck hits the 70's trend but also serves as a classic cut that isn't a one-season-wonder. 



S K I R T
This suede mini skirt is perfect to team with a little pair of boots for the office. I'm hitting the gym to perfect my pins, and this skirt will do well in the early autumn when bare legs are still acceptable, but will be equally wonderful teamed with black tights in the winter months. This autumnal hue is also spot on for the 70's trend. 



B O O T S
The past couple of seasons I have lived and died in my little ankle boots. A good, comfortable pair are by far my best purchase for the winter seasons, and a versatile pair will keep you going throughout the early spring and late summer too. This Michael Kors pair has a funky chain detail which will team perfectly with my leather jacket for a biker chick day look, and look classy with a little black dress and tights for a night out. 



B A G
Despite my huge love for huge bags, I am slowly coming round to little ones, at least for little days out when I don't need to bring my kitchen sink with me. I'm loving khaki this season, so this Furla number is spot of for my mini-bag trials. 


What are your Autumn favourites so far? We'd love to see what you're coveting!
Felicity & Lauren

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall