Tuesday 21 April 2015

April Beauty Favourites

uk fashion and beauty blogger maui jim sunglasses and rinascimento one65 jacket
Beauty favourites are back, and with over a month’s worth of super trials to update you on, this is a bumper post! April was a big month for us in beauty; we rediscovered a few favourites whilst grabbing some great new finds to add to our collection.
april 2015 beauty hair blogger favourites lee stafford bumble and john frieda
Kicking off with hair, we have picked up some great products to put a spring in our style as well as our step this month. The new John Frieda 7 Day Volume In Shower treatment contains protein and keratin which provided thickness and bounce to my fairly lack lustre hair. Described as a semi-permanent treatment, I found it lasted for about 5 days (I do wash my hair more frequently than your average girl) and gave me fuller locks - particularly for the first few days. Another volumising product I tried was the Lee Stafford Double Blow volumising mousse which gave oodles of volume from just a tiny squirt. I picked this up at an event and picked up one of my biggest hair tips yet... applying mousse to dry, unwashed hair and then blasting with a hair dryer to give a blow-dry effect without the faff of having to wash it fully! Revelation, right?!


Finally, as I have been using more heat on my hair more frequently (the longer it grows, the more love it needs...), I have been suffering from dry and damaged locks. Bumble and Bumble have released a series of blow balms, serums and creams, a few of which I have trialled and tested with every blow dry to better the condition of my hair. Whilst split ends cannot be reversed, I completely owe the de-frizz and softer ends I now have to this brilliant product!
uk beauty blogger highlighting serum b beauty from superdrug

We also went along to a pretty sweet B Beauty launch, their new collection themed around sweeties for Spring - the aptly titled B. Sweet. Held in a cupcake store… yes, for real… we dove into jars of pick’n’mix whilst catching up on the new launches. Our favourite product from the new collection has to be the B. Sweet Popping Candy Highlight Serum, a soft, non-greasy formula which works to gently give a wonderful dewy glow without being too heavy or clammy on the skin. It looks super attractive, on par with the famous Stila highlighter which everyone knows and loves. Trying it out, I loved the lightness of it, which makes it a great finishing touch to highlight my cheekbones, however, I found it worked best as a layer post-primer to give an amazing healthy look to the skin (almost) from within! A little goes a long way too, making this a super value for money product. The rest of the collection features popping shades of lipsticks and blushers, well worth a check out.
timebomb review skincare beauty blogger uk
Timebomb was certainly a new find but one I am loving for one particular product in the range - the complexion cocktail. This green bottle promised to reboot my tired skin, and so when I was given a facial using the product at an event this month, I was quite excited at the promise of a little lift to my skin. The result... clearer and healthier feeling skin with visible results too, I was truly impressed by the little magic worked by this product which you can see and feel. Other products in the range include the day cream and the cleansing cream, both of which are in great packaging and haven't left my skin feeling greasy or over-coated in product (two of my biggest skincare hates)! The anti-aging formula 'picks up' skin as opposed to making it feel insanely tight or grippy!
i love perfectly peachy and label m giles deacon hair
Two limited editions to love this month! I Love… have launched a limited edition shower gel scent called Perfectly Peachy in collaboration with Coppafeel, the breast cancer awareness charity. Not only is the scent heavenly (think peaches and cream mmm), the formula is moisturising and the bottle features an informational 'Check Yourself' guide on the reverse- double thumbs up from us! The product is also made the the UK, a winner in our eyes! We also loved the limited edition Label M bottles, designed by Giles Deacon to celebrate 10 years of Official Haircare Products for London Fashion Week- pink and grey,  a good match for our redesign...!

If you have any products that you recommend, drop us a comment, we love to hear about your fab finds!
Lauren

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall