Wednesday 6 January 2016

My Very First Wedding Wednesday | (I'm Not Feeling Like A Bride Yet)

So here I am writing my first Wedding Wednesday - I can't quite believe it. I have been engaged for... a little over 3 weeks, and with Christmas and New Year in between, I hope you can forgive me for not jumping on it immediately! Thank you for the lovely wishes on instagram, So much has happened already, so I guess I ought to get cracking...

The Proposal...
...was wonderful, and took place on the 21st December. I'll keep the details fairly private, but safe to say I felt really special and surprised, which was lovely.
We were in one of my favourite places - Kilworth House Hotel - which we'd stayed in for our five year anniversary previously. We went for a meal in the hotel afterwards and I wore white (I know, already, blushes all round). It was a really magical few days!

Planning
Immediate feeling post engagement? Panic! We'd talked about having a Winter wedding before, but with the engagement a reality, we more or less said - why not this year? I am, by nature, such a planner and love details, but putting a month and date on it felt suddenly overwhelming. I have to admit to feeling daunted by the task of planning a real wedding. Like every girl on the internet, I have a secret Wedding board on Pinterest (don't give me the shifty eyes, you know you have one) and I've got absolutely no motivation to go through it (although I'll show you a snippet below). What I have found is that everyone is very kind and willing to help, but it can be all the more confusing when it comes to decision making. Too much stress! Which rhymes with...

The Dress
I think I may have already found my dress. If that's not an oh my gosh moment I don't know what is. It's beautiful, but I initially worried that I'd done it all far too quickly and hadn't seen enough or picked something more me. Can any fellow brides-to-be or newly weds please give me advice on dealing with W day stress as a whole? I'm a nervous wreck!

Looking forward to the next...! If you got engaged recently and you're a fellow blogger, please join in with #WeddingWednesday! I'm so looking forward to reading new blogs and stories.

Felicity

7 comments

  1. hey! congrats on the engagement! :) I had an autumn wedding last year and did a post or two on it if u wanna take a look! - great if u want DIY inspo or any ideas :) will be doing a post on wedding dresses too later this week! that white dress for ur engagement is just beautiful! http://sarahinwonderlust.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/the-ragged-priest-ss16-exclusive-sneak.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, looking forward to your post!

      Felicity x

      Delete
  2. Congrats!

    I get married in August. I've been fairly relaxed about the whole thing so far, it took me almost a year or searching to finally find the dress so if you've fallen for one already GO FOR IT! Now that it's THIS year and I need to get my act together it's starting to stress me out... :O

    Main advice...Everyone will have an opinion on EVERYTHING. Even down to "ugh you have to walk on grass at that venue" (there's actually a path and they're not even coming!) You will never please everybody so go with your gut instinct and do what feels right for the two of you!

    Christy x
    Dinner Stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christy

      Wow that's quite a while, but it must be the one after so long! So glad you found it! :) Thanks for the advice - it's definitely ringing true! Can't wait to read all about your special day.

      Felicity x

      Delete
  3. What a coincidence! I got engaged n 2015 too and my ring is very similar to yours! :) I'm scouring images on Pinterest too and I'm getting very pin happy on the subject of table decorations! #WednesdayWedding

    http://www.curiouser-and-curiouser.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, that's so exciting. Do you plan to blog about it?

      Felicity x

      Delete
  4. That is amazing dear. I am also getting married this year and that is why I am looking for the cheap wedding related stuff. After searching a lot I have reserved one of the best wedding event space in my area.

    ReplyDelete

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall