Monday 20 February 2012

#2 Bold Fuchsia Lip Colour

I have dark brown hair and very pale skin, so I absolutely love rocking a red lip. It's timelessly glamourous, utterly fabulous and red is the colour of passion, confidence, sex...

But recently, I discovered pink. I don't mean coral pink, shimmery stole-your-Gran's-lipstick pink or even that nude lip I just cannot carry off...

I mean shocking pink. I mean Barbie OD'd, with glowsticks and a healthy dose of Nicki Minaj. I mean Fuchsia. I mean STATEMENT pink.

Here's the list ladies:

The Pretty:
Barry M Lip Paint in Shocking Pink, £4.50
An in-your-face pop pink with kapow! Barbie at its finest.


The Posh:
No7 Vital Brights Lipstick in Blossoming Pink, £10
Much more of a lilac touch, with an almost matte finish although the colour makes it look a little sheen-ier than it is. Not one for the faint hearted...!


The Oh My Gosh:
YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick in Le Fuchsia, £23.50
So amazing that I can't even breathe. The depth of colour is luxurious, and a true-to-the-name fuchsia. Perfection.



I have to say, I've tried them all and I think they're all absolutely gorgeous and worth the pennies, but it is the YSL that does it for me (just because of the pretty packaging)...

Oh yeah, and I have it on good authority that the Barry M Lip Paint in Shocking Pink (£4.50) is a dead on dupe for Mac Candy Yum Yum (£12) - check out this review from gorgeous beauty bloggers Emerald Eyeliner right here.

Hope you all had a great Monday!
Felicity

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall