Thursday 23 February 2012

#5 Lady Turning Green

I gotta tell you... I may talk about the pretty, but I really love the posh. I absolutely do.

Being British doesn't necessarily mean you love the Queen - and whilst I wouldn't call myself a royalist, I have a pretty big soft spot for the lady at the top. She has been (and remains) a fantastic monarch and, most importantly, a very strong lady - something I admire very much.

So what's the Pretty, the Posh and the Oh My Gosh for today?

Why - regal style jewels, of course!

Let's face it - sparkly = happiness, and my oh my these gems are
fabulous.

I thought I'd focus on earrings - arguably easier to wear than a weighty necklace, which far too often shouts over one's outfit rather than compliments it - and I'm going for emeralds and green gemstones to mark the first real sunny day of 2012 so far (Ancient cultures saw the emerald as a symbol of love and rebirth - the rich green is reminiscent of spring, and has been treasured for thousands of years by different cultures all around the world):





The Pretty:
Silver Bow Ribbon Drop CZ Emerald Earrings, £18.74




The Posh:
Crislu Square Cut Emerald Drop Earrings, £62.34



The Oh My Gosh:
Asprey Emerald and Diamond Earrings, £38,000.
"Like all the best families, we have our share of eccentricities, of impetuous and wayward youngsters and of family disagreements."
Felicity

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall