Friday 9 March 2012

#12 McQueen Homage: Skull Scarves

From pretty to punk - skull scarves are so cool (you've probably seen them on everyone A list... ever), surprisingly versatile and such an easy way to update your wardrobe.As many of you know, Alexander McQueen tragically took his own life after losing his Mother on the 11th February, 2010. He was a wonderful designer, with a huge amount of attitude, innovation and British panache. His styling was unrivalled, as was his unique attention to detail and he made couture to die for. He is famed for the use of skulls embellished on/centralising his pieces, and of course Sarah Burton took over and designed future Queen Kate Middleton's wedding dress, cementing McQueen's high fashion status for good. (BTW - more on Kate later, as she is becoming somewhat iconic/a national treasure/my favourite British girl of the moment, don'chaknow).

The Pretty: Bank Skull Scarf in Burgundy, £10.00


The Posh: Harrison Skull Print Scarf in Cream & Black, £24.00

The Oh My Gosh: Alexander McQueen Skull Print Silk Chiffon Scarf, £165.00



Oh, and because I've decided I need to invest more of my interests in British labels (Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen, Mulberry, Alice Temperely, Anya Hindmarch, etc) I've totally got Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty on my Amazon Wishlist for my birthday (please Mum!)



What do you think? I'm thinking of saving up for a real McCoy/Queen (see what I did there? Geek...) perhaps in Navy or Pink!
Felicity

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall