Sunday 11 March 2012

#15 Pretty Ladylike Bicycles

Ever since the Radley - Pashley advert/going to Oxford for the day as a child/the beginning of time I have wanted a bicycle with a basket. I love girly bicycles, and wish wish wish I had one myself. I still have my pink Apollo Zodiac (very old, mountain bike style) bicycle and can't quite bear to part with the old girl (I've had her since I was 10)! My bicycle was bought with 'growing into' in mind, and it survived University without being stolen, mainly because its pink I think.



Anyway, if I was given a new bicycle (and my old bicycle was kept in reserve or re-homed because I secretly love her too much) then a money-no-object Pashley would be my choice aesthetically... the beauty and craftsmanship is out of this world.

Although I did my usual hours of research, I've found that even the Pretty will cost you... No bicycles-with-baskets under £150 unless they're vintage! You may well find a good bargain going to your local bicycle shop - some are £££ under their RRP, so do your homework before you buy.

Meanwhile, what I could find online. Get ready to lust.

The Pretty: Viking Westwood Single Speed 2012 Ladies Bicycle, £161.49


The Posh: Dawes Mayfair 2012 Heritage Ladies Bicycle, £259.99


The Oh My Gosh: Pashley Britannia 5 Speed in Red, £625.00


What do you think? Wouldn't you just love to be whizzing along the English countryside with a bunch of flowers and a jam sandwich in the wicker basket? It must be the English in me...

Happy (Sunny!) Sunday!
Felicity

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall