Wednesday 30 July 2014

Beauty | GOSH AW14 Press Day

Last night I zipped over to the Sanderson Hotel in W1 (which was gorgeous) for some mini desserts, champagne and the GOSH AW14 launch. Between the manicurists and LA, New York and Las Vegas style selfie spots (loved those), I found some gorgeous new beauty buys guaranteed to whip the #bblogger community into a frenzy.
L-R: Las Vegas, LA and New York
First up, let's look at the stand out product of the whole collection - the GOSH 9 Shades colour palette. We have 003 Las Vegas (the bright lights, naturally), 002 LA (the cool oceanic blues and Hollywood hill greens) and 001 New York (smoky nudes and downtown plums). Lauren is in Portugal so I was sans wing-woman, but managed to snap up the LA palette for her which will suit her auburn locks down to the ground (I took home the New York - far more me). This will retail for £9.99, and we'll do a review shortly...!


I loved the Giant Blush sticks (£6.99), which come in 3 shades - 02 Shy (a tawny blush, middle), 04 Passion (peachy keen, left) and 06 Pink Parfait (a hot shot of pink, right). These are easy to build up, well pigmented and blendable, so they were a real winner for me. You can see the colours a bit better below.
L-R: 04 Passion, 06 Pink Parfait, 02 Shy
The Mineral Powder (£9.99) was another great addition (as seen on the lovely girl above, who was having her make up done when I arrived) and the Mineral Powder Brush (£7.99) is super soft and perfect for building great coverage.
The Velvet Touch Lipsticks (£6.49) were updated for AW14 with some darker colours than the SS14 offerings - my personal favourites were the bright pink and gothic dark red, I forgot to swatch and double check the names...! Bad blogger. Luckily I managed to snap the press page - Twilight and Night Kiss! I liked these colours much more than the SS14 range, which were far too pale for me and unfortunately not a winner amongst them, although Lauren faired much better. I have a feeling this collection is much more me!


Two new mascaras with a twist - the first, Double Precision Mascara (£7.99) which has different wands for your upper and lower lashes, and the Crazy Volume Mascara (£6.99) which only has bristles on half the brush so you can get deeper into the roots of your lashes. We got one of each in our goody bags, so reviews to come! Defining Brow Gel was new too (£4.99), and unlike brow powders or pencils, this mascara style gel is designed to sit on the hairs and just give you a fuller yet tidier brow. J'adore.

Last but not least, the Nail Lacquers (£3.99). All grey! So chic for AW14. I loved the least shimmery offering, which I think is 630 Moonlight, whereas Lauren I know will love the bluey grey glitter of 632 Night Sky.


These all go on sale TODAY, so get your skates on and get to Superdrug ASAP! Thanks to Jenny at Z for the invite!
Felicity and Lauren

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall