Monday 8 December 2014

Life | My Midwinter in London

It has been a busy few weeks at PPOMG HQ- an awful lot to fill you all in on. We have been spending lots of time out and about in this glorious- albeit busy- city admiring the lights and sampling the delights! Here are my top lifestyle hints for midwinter- perfect for those looking to get out, or just stay in and snuggle up!
This month I flew solo (well, with my lovely friend Jess) at a wonderful play which has recently opened in the West End, The Play That Goes Wrong. I may be slightly biased as a dear friend of mine stars in a wrote the production, however, the audience reaction spoke for itself.
A classic British farce with laughs in all the right places, a talented cast- the folks from Mischief Theatre, and a well dressed set. We loved how fabulously executed this was, and definitely had a couple of wetting-ourselves-laughing moments. This is a must if you love plays, and are looking for something a little different (and much better value) than the west end musicals at the moment.
One of our favourite haunts of late are the department stores of London  Rodial Sculpting Bar- Harvey Nichols. We attended the launch with Daisy Lowe a couple of weeks ago, and were blown away by the range of services available. I had at LA Sculpt, and am now investing in a contour brush and powder after seeing the incredible effects.

Rodial is offering a complimentary sculpting session throughout November and December – simply show this post on your phone or print and bring instore. While you are there you can even pick up an exclusive gift with purchase, when you spend more than £90.

This month I am completely in love with Captivated By You, the new Sylvia Day novel. I love books that you absolutely cannot put down, and this is a wonderful easy-to-read addictive tale. If you are looking for a new read, then I highly recommend the Crossfire series. Without giving too much away... the latest installment of Eva and Gideon had me totally captivated! Definitely no disappointment.
It is clear to see why Sylvia Day is a bestseller, her style is standout in the genre and the storytelling mechanic is really stunning. Go buy ladies!

Also on my recommendations to read this month is Zoella's book, Girl Online. Admittedly this book is written for 15 year old girls, and isn't a riveting read - if you re expecting Gone Girl, it isn't your bag- however, I do think that any blogger aspiring to be a smidge as successful as Zoella should read this, and it says a lot about the influence which we can have in this little online world! It's a great read- you will fly through it if you are a mid-twenty something like me- but it's a good story and has a great voice- you can tell Zoe wrote this! I am really looking forward to getting my hands on Tanya Burr and Fleur De Force's books in the New Year- they are more blogger beauty manuals and guides- much less teeny and more useful for someone like me!


This month we are obsessing with the department stores of London. In the last three weeks I have visited Harrods, Liberty's, Selfridges, Harvey Nics, Fenwicks as well as faves John Lewis and Debenhams. I do think that just wandering around the department stores at this time of year is a Christmassy experience in itself.
Image
I think my favourite has to be Selfridges, whose Christmas Emporium can't really be beaten! Get there early to queue up for your personalised jar of Nutella- a Selfridge's exclusive for Xmas 2014, or book in to eat at the rooftop pop-up restaurant Le Chalet.
If you have any tips for London, then let us know! Next on my list is Columbia Road Flower Market- flowers all round!
Lauren

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall