Saturday 16 May 2015

What We Did This Week | 9th - 16th May

We have been seriously busy bees this week, with Felicity hitting 4 press days in one go! We are praying to be reunited in London in the next couple of months which will mean lots more tea and cake consumed, and lots of exciting posts in the pipeline!

Here is what we got up to this week...
Press Days
Monsoon AW15
My favourite press day this week. The collection was absolutely super stunning. Like Boden, I want to dedicate a whole post to its wonders. From glittering occasion wear to incredible boho pieces for day, it was simply beautiful. The Accessorize collection was equally awesome - I loved the statement bags (including a rocket and a robot - we'll take one of each please).
monsoon accessorize aw15 press day autumn winter fashion
I know we say this for every press day, because we are a bit magpie like, but I genuinely wanted everything. Stay tuned. This brand is one to watch next season for sure.

Comptoir des Cotonniers AW15
comptoir des cotonniers aw15 press day portas agency neutral basic
A relatively new brand on our radar, we loved scoping out the new collection at Comptoir des Cotonniers. The lovely PR summed it up perfectly when she said that you could throw out your entire wardrobe and start from scratch with this wonderful collection. Beautiful basics with modern twists and huge wearable potential make this collection really accessible for all shapes and sizes.



comptoir des cotonniers aw15 press day portas agency slash trainers
The neutral blacks, navys, whites and khakis are interspersed with shots of coral and red, which make it the ideal winter wardrobe. Our favourite pieces included a stunning Jackie Kennedy style dress with buttons on the front- perfect for smart weekend or office wear, as well as a gorgeous, weighty pleated skirt in a blue and black check print.
comptoir des cotonniers aw15 press day pleated skirt portas agency
A lot of love for the stunning coats in this collection too, from the softest leather jacket, to the classic 70s sheepskin. Comptoir stole our hearts- we will definitely be buying this AW!
comptoir des cotonniers aw15 press day portas agency sheepskin jacket

New Look AW15
new look press day aw15 autumn winter fashion
Some wicked new offerings for AW15, with plenty of fringing, suede, lace up boots and stand out pieces. I loved the shearling cape, fringed waistcoat and the burgundy cord button down skirt - it was a real stand out for me. I also loved the leopard pony hair clutch with the berry tassel; it's on my shopping list for sure!
tequila new look press day aw15 autumn winter fashion
Hosted in the Vinyl Factory (which we attended the week before for Boden), there was a New Look Diner with yummy cocktails and mini brunch - c'est trés chic!
new look press day aw15 autumn winter fashion
T.M.Lewin AW15
If you stop by often, you will know that we are huge fans of T.M.Lewin and the brand revolution that they are going through.
tm lewin aw15 womens womenswear autumn winter tailoring workwear
This AW collection will see 3 colour stories- Monochrome, Navy and Blushes take centre stage. Lots of lovely textures, printed shirts and well cut textures adorn the collection. Our favourite piece had to be the lovely piped shirt, as well as a beautiful silky blush printed dress which caught our eye and could easily be a piece off of the Vivienne Westwood catwalk.
Along with classic cut trousers comes that Trench coat which we have worn to death but in black- a timeless addition to any winter wardrobe! We also spied some lovely wool scarves which we will definitely be picking up- a beautiful light grey to break up a winter outfit, along with a lovely printed one to match elements of the collection. We will hopefully be showing you a few of these lovely pieces styled up, so stay tuned!
tm lewin press day aw15 autumn winter tailorings mens
P.S. if you have a man then it is 100% worth stopping by menswear to hook him up with their non-iron shirts, snuggly turtlenecks and classic woollen ties.

Eating Out
Lauren: I met up with my old school friends this week and we headed to Fire & Stone in Covent Garden. None of us had been there before but with 50% off food using our Tastecard, we were up for the experience.

It definitely didn't disappoint- unable to decide I did half and half with my sister so was able to try the Calamari and Arancini Balls for starters- both delicious, not greasy and with dipping sauces to die for! For the main course, we swapped halves on the Texas and London pizzas. The Texas was a BBQ steak option, delicious, moist and not chewy- would highly recommend. The London featured Sausages and potatoes (never had those atop a pizza before but it was very yummy!)
fire stone covent garden passion fruit cocktail
We also indulged on cocktails, I opted for the Patois Punch, a tropical short drink with a really fruity side- utterly delicious! I'd certainly recommend it in Fire &Stone- especially with a Tastecard! I paid for 2 cocktails, 2 pizzas and 2 starters and had change from £40- pretty good for London!

Health, Fitness and Wellbeing
Lauren: I hang my head in shame and admit that I did no hard diet or exercise this week. I did, however, give Blogilates Banana Pancake recipe a go, and much enjoyed the results. I think I would add another banana next time (just because I like them!) but my sister also really enjoyed them! They are gluten, dairy and low calorie. You can't really argue with that!

Felicity: After my smoothie-green and lean clean week last week, I too hang my head in shame - I managed one barre core session (30 minutes) and a tag rugby game (90 minutes), and as I write this I am aching all over so I don't feel too bad... but I have had all the biscuits. Better luck next week!

Felicity & Lauren

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall