Thursday 2 June 2016

Shoedrobe for Summer with Moda in Pelle

Two questions we ask a pair of shoes before they can join the Shoedrobe are...

1) Are you comfy?

2) Will you go with things I already own?


If they answer both questions and we love them, then we'll usually take them home. One question and we'll ponder, but usually buy them anyways...!
We've pulled together our favourite pairs this year to give you a peek into our Shoedrobe's this summer as part of Moda in Pelle's summer campaign. Not surprisingly, comfy yet classy is the theme across our styles for this summer...

Lauren: Moda in Pelle Quirino in Nude Leather (c/o), M&S Crossover Sandals in Khaki, M&S Leather Ballerina Pumps in Nude, Clarks Black strap sandals (last season)


My summer Shoedrobe is inspired by the catwalks. Safari style, metallic hits and details along with 70s styling sums up my favourite pairs which I'll be wearing all summer. I have super wide feet and so like leathers as they stretch.

The Quirino wedge from Moda in Pelle is a gorgeous detailed cut out platform wedge. The gold design on the heel is really unique and eyecatching, and unlike anything I've ever seen before, I think it is so pretty and it will really stand out when I wear them. They are pretty high, making them very flattering for my legs and figure, but the platform makes them comfortable and not impossible to walk in.
The ballet pumps and crossover sandals from M&S feature the Insolia technology which makes them super comfy- they are also both wide fit making them perfect for my chunky tootsies.

Felicity: Moda in Pelle Coria in Champagne Fabric (c/o), Boden Silver Tassel Wedge, & Other Stories Blue Espadrilles, Jack Wills Pink Sandals (both last season)


A decent pair of courts always make it onto my Shoedrobe list - they're a wedding guest essential! They also instantly dress up jeans and a tee; this gorgeous pair from Moda in Pelle are exactly what I've been looking for. The champagne gold shimmery suede looks expensive and they're high enough to make you walk like a lady (show me what your Momma gave you!) but not so high they hurt. Love!
I haven't bought a pair of wedges for ages, but these silver tasselled numbers from Boden really caught my eye this Summer.  They'll be perfect with a little white dress - I'll take them on my hen do in July for sure!
My love of flats is real. Any long term reader will know that for sure! Those espadrilles are old and I've worn them to death (and will continue to do so until they fall apart)... The Jack Wills sandals I bought from the outlet just after Christmas a for a crazy £10. I'll wear them all holiday!

What inspires your summer 'shoedrobe'? Join in the conversation #shoedrobe!

Felicity and Lauren

This post was written in collaboration with Moda in Pelle, but love of summer shoes is all our own!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall