Sunday 28 August 2016

The Weekend Edit | August Wishlist

Happy bank holiday lovelies! We're spending ours chilling with family, catching up on some much needed sleep, seeing friend and squeezing in a bit of wedmin. In the meantime, a few fab pieces have caught our beady eyes! Here's what we're crushing on this month...


Last year I spent quite a large sum on a jumpsuit and didn't regret it. Fast forward to 2016, and I've picked up a couple more as they are easy, comfy and perfect for cooler summer days in the UK. This Next Photographic Floral Jumpsuit is super eye catching and I think it has the most flattering neckline. The bold print will jazz up any day in the office, and it could very easily be dressed up for a girls night out.

I'd love to team it with this Z by Accessorize Suri Semi Precious Stone Pendant Necklace, a gorgeous rosy colour stone and wonderful quality. We at Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh love Z by Accessorize and it is one of our go to brands, and best kept secrets for good value jewellery- until now! I love the dainty design of this.

We are seriously starting to outgrow our little flat in London (yes, I am just probably purchasing more things...), however, creative storage solutions which wont break the bank but are a little prettier than a giant clear plastic tub are number one on my shopping list for when the autumn comes. The FLADIS basket from IKEA ticks all the right boxes and will perch perfectly in my spare room filled with scarves and gloves, or nestle in the living room for our snuggle blankets. As always with IKEA, the price point cannot be argued with.

I love my bathtub and even in the summer, you'll rarely catch me in the shower. I like to mix up what I pour into my bath, opting for salts when I'm feeling like I need a cleanse and detox, soaks and oils when I need to relax and bombs for fun. Rose is one of my all time favourite scents and this REN Moroccan Rose Otto oil will be perfect tumbled into the bath to help me unwind.

I love summer but autumn is 100% my favourite season to dress for, and these shoes from M&S will be perfect for work with their lace up design and block heel (comfy!). Teamed with jeans or an autumnal dress, they can easily translate from late summer to the cooler months.

I seem to go through phases with my style - one minute, it's muted, neutral basics for every day (I'm looking at you, breton top collection) and the next minute I'm looking at all things statement, bright and beautiful. I try and buy only what I really love and I've been resisting this Anya Hindmarch style bag for a while (even though it went in the sale). But... with 20% off Yoshi bags for the Bank Holiday weekend, I'm afraid it's miney miney mine. Sorry house fund.

Speaking of brogues, I quite often rely on a pair of shoes to pull everything together outfit-wise. I'm hunting for a pair of loafers as my favourite Clarks Hotel Chic haven't come back this season (sob). Until I find a classic black loafer to last me through till next Spring, these embroidered beauties may just be walking their way into my basket this Bank Holiday.

I'm craving rose too! I tried this fragrance on a wander round Stratford upon Avon a few weeks ago and for a rose perfume it's such a high pay-off for the price (move out the way, Chloe Eau de Roses). The bottle is also really heavy and I love how English it is. I'm on a limited budget (house move pending!) but I'll definitely be investing...

The house hunt continues! We're not 100% on how we're decorating, but it'll probably be typical scandi with a few twists. We're both driven mad by clutter and want a calm space, but with personality too. I'm looking at neutrals in different textures for our bigger pieces of furniture and adding pops of colour through prints and textiles. Velvet is having a big moment right now and these H&M velvet cushions are cheap as chips! I'll stack them on the sofa in complimentary hues...

Ok finally, you know we love Etsy and the range of prints is just insane! I've heard that gallery walls are officially out interiors-wise, but I've been waiting so long to have my own house I don't really care! I love the Harry Potter books more than almost any others and I love that only fans would get this print. It's a nod without going too Harry Potter world...

See you next week!
Felicity & Lauren

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall