Tuesday 7 January 2014

How To... Pack for a Winter Weekend Break!

First week into the new year and I'm already planning holidays. In winter 2009, Lauren and I went to Edinburgh with some girls on our University course, and we bloody loved it. 
My boyfriend and I are coming up to our 4 year anniversary (yikes!) and so we're looking at a mini break away (we're saving for a house this year, so no New York, New York for me)! Edinburgh is such a gorgeous city, and I like the fact that you're pretty much guaranteed rain - no wardrobe malfunctions for me!

I always end up over-packing for a minibreak (and I know I'm not the only one), so it is going to be my mission of the year not to go crazy on shoving everything into a suitcase at the last minute! Here's what I'd pack for a classic 'two nights and flights' deal somewhere a bit chilly.

I'd fly in one pair of boots (probably the brown suede, which I got for Christmas. I also got the gorgeous Joules jacket and umbrella for Christmas too, lucky lucky)! I'd also wear the jeans and a soft jumper - easy, comfy, and less to pack. I always find you want to change, no matter how long you travel, so I always take extra to fly in. 

All you need are some pajamas, undies and the usual day-to-day paraphernalia all girls carry around...! I just have a few cardinal rules:
  1. Never take new shoes - they will hurt. Take worn in flat shoes/boots and only pack heels if you know you can walk in them for ages or if you're guaranteed a car-to-bar situation in the evening.
  2. Take an extra pair of pants and an extra top just in case anything gets lost or ruined!
  3. Take an extra £20 (or equal currency). If you run out of cash or find yourself in an emergency, you'll be glad of it.
Anyone else planning to - or dreaming of - travelling anywhere?
Felicity

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall