Thursday 15 January 2015

Beauty | The Soft Smokey Eye

This week calls for the perfect daytime look, the Soft Smokey Eye. An easy to achieve combination of gentle pinks and browns is an easy way to try a more dramatic look, and a wonderful accompaniment to any outfit. We tried out palettes from Primark and Smashbox to achieve an easy peasy smokey eye and give our brutally honest opinion on what there is to offer!
smashbox double exposure review ps love primark eye shadow reviewProduct: Primark P.S. Love... 4 Shade Eyeshadow
Price: £2.50


The Lowdown: As you can see, I used this before the review. Unlike Smashbox, I don't fear knocking this about a bit and trying it out. I picked it up at the Primark SS15 press day, figuring it would be fine for everyday use. It only has 4 shades, but I really like the shades available - the gold is fairly light, with the dusky rose being my real preference - I used the shimmery oyster on my brow bone and the dark brown on my socket line. For a quick nude smokey eye, this was fine. Personal preference, the packaging is very budget and staying power was ok-ish (around 4-5 hours). For £2.50 (or free in my case), I really can't complain too much.
Marks out of 10: This was going to get a 6, but I trialled the look on a night out and it only lasted around 4-5 hours, so a 5. Pick it up if you want to dabble, but can't really commit more than a few quid to the idea!

Product: Smashbox Double Exposure Palette
Price: £37.99
The Lowdown: The 14 shade palette means that a huge number of colour combinations are at your disposal and it is a great set of basic matte and shimmery shades. You can use water to create more intensity and vibrancy on any of the colours, which I really love as it made using it for my lid line super easy. The colours also blend really well, and the pick up on the brush is perfect (meaning you dont get the usual dots of dust which falls over your eye!)The only tiny down-point to this product is that the packaging isn't overly unique or premium, which would be a bonus for such a high price point.
Marks out of 10:  9/10 - this palette is all you need for a multitude of looks, and the quality matches the price point.

So what would you choose? Budget or blowout? We'd love to know any recommendations you have - tweet us @prettyposhomg and let's get this party started ;)
Felicity and Lauren

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall