Friday 11 November 2016

What's In Our Bags? The Radley Edition

The pinnacle of original blog posts - what's in my bag? We love reading these posts and we've never done one. How on earth has this happened? We're rectifying that right now with a little luxurious leather help from Radley...

FELICITY: WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Harwick Medium Zip Top Cross Body in Red (Black here)

I am a small bag girl through and through, so for me it's all about the essentials. Keys (hot air balloon keyring just seen), phone (too busy instagramming at the same time, so out of shot but you know it's in there of course), a hair band and plasters are the few things I pretty much never leave the house without. Blisters are a particular nemesis for me, so I always have at least one handy! You never know when someone else might need one too... 

Stamps! I try to send a letter or card at least once a month - I find that sitting down and taking the time and care to handwrite something is a nice thing to do for a friend or family member (and equally lovely to receive). Speaking of, I have a picture of my fiancé and I in my purse (Aspinal - the London wallet in Soft Taupe) and a few keepsakes; this picture of me and Lauren is one of my favourites, taken in a photobooth in Brighton. 

Everyone assumes I'm incredibly organised. This is a lie. I just do my best to be organised when really I am 100% chaotic. I always have a notebook (this pretty Kate Spade one was an engagement present from Lauren) and a pen handy to write down stuff I need to remember (I barely ever look at it again, but find the act of writing it down helps it to stick in my brain. Anyone else?). 

Finally, the extra gloss items. I think it's always handy to have a few staple pieces to hand that just lift your look a little; for me that's a statement lip, a painted nail (if there's time) and a piece of jewelry. The lipstick is Burberry Lip Velvet in Military Red (you can see it on here), which is just the perfect red. The nail varnish is Sally Hansen in Loden Green, a very autumnal hue which I swap out depending on the seasons (typically soft nudes or bright jewel colours catch my eye). Finally, the necklace is Z by Accessorize - perhaps the best minimalist, stylist jewelry on the high street. This star pendant always gets compliments, takes up no room at all and goes with everything.

LAUREN: WHAT'S IN MY BAG


Lauren: style now sold out, similar style here

I'm usually a big tote girl, carrying the kitchen sink around with me. Recently I've been suffering with hip and back aches as a result, the solution from the doctor... carry less stuff or a rucksack. My work go-to is a rucksack as me and my laptop are joined at the hip , but this Radley mini bag is just the ticket for my weekend essentials. A gorgeous navy leather, it's perfect to team with my winter wardrobe.


On the opposite side, I'm hyper organised. I always carry a list and stick to it, I feel utterly lost if I don't have a work, personal and wedding to do list on the go. This Little Book of Wedding Inspiration was actually a wedding mag freebie, but the perfect size to tuck away in a mini bag.


I've a couple of sentimental pieces which I carry in my bag at all times. This Disney key ring was a purchase in February when I was whisked away to Disneyland Paris for my engagement, it reminds me of the happiest day of my life so far and I love how adorable this little keychain is. I also always carry this gorgeous vintage mirror which was a gift many years ago from Flic. It's an old powder compact and one of my favourite gifts received ever.


Finally, my beauty essentials of late have been a this gorgeous gold nail polish from Butter London. The perfect cool coppery gold shade- more edgy than twee- is ideal for the festive season and I find it super long lasting on my nails. This Marc Jacobs lipstick is an absolute fave of mine, in Boy Gorgeous- a strong berry shade which is just right for party season. This The Library of Fragrance scent in Sweet Pea was a new job gift from Flic, and how gorgeous it is; fresh and floral and fabulous for everyday wear. Last of all, cover up. I've had horrendous skin recently, a combination of stress, hormones and weather change and this KIKO concealer is my saviour.

What is in your bag this winter? Drop us a comment and let us know!

Felicity & Lauren

Bags were a kind gift from the lovely ladies at Radley- favourite things all our own!


No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall